- Speaker Moore Reappoints BethI was sworn in for a second three-year term as a North Carolina Parks and Recreation Trust Fund Authority Member. I was appointed by Speaker Moore and it is an absolute honor to serve on this board. Duties include judging grants for local governments and giving the OK to state park projects.
- Beth Gets Key to CityThe Mayor of Valdese presented me with a “Key to the City” along with a Resolution of Appreciation at the McGalliard Creek Bridge Ribbon Cutting. I think that means I am extremely trustworthy – and can get things done. Not need to lock your doors – I always knock first!
- Beth Goes to RaleighWhile my son Zakk served as a Page for Rep Blackwell and for Senator Daniel, I spent those two weeks in the halls of the Legislative Building and Legislative Office Building. As a founding member of the Great Trails State Coalition, I followed up on our successful efforts in having legislation passed to designate 2023… Read more: Beth Goes to Raleigh
- Collecting SignsEric and I continued to gather up my remaining campaign signs today. Thanks to the angels who had picked up many of them and left them at BC Republican Headquarters. If you find any on the road, please pick them up. You could take them to HQ or Zimmerman Realty. My friend Amy is checking… Read more: Collecting Signs
- Still for Better BurkeWell, I thought I was doing everything I needed to do, but didn’t win the election. Thanks to all my family, friends and those I met along the way who believed in me. Don’t worry, I will continue to be highly effective in making a better Burke as a regular person.
- Newspaper ResponseName: Beth Heile Age: 54 Profession: Vice-President, NoteWorthy Software, Inc. Education: East Burke High School, 1986; NC State University, 1991 Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering Family: Married to Eric for 27 years, son Zakk Community Involvement: Currently serving as – First United Methodist Church member, NC Parks and Recreation Authority member, Friends of the Valdese… Read more: Newspaper Response
- Early VotingEarly voting goes through Saturday, May 14. There are 5 early voting locations open 8:00am-7:30pm on weekdays. May 13 is the only Saturday and hours are 8am-3pm. You can registered to vote and vote at these sites: Burke County Board of Elections, Glen Alpine Town Hall, East Burke Library/Senior Center in Hildebran, Morganton Senior Center… Read more: Early Voting
My name is Beth Heile, and I ran for Burke County Commissioner in 2022. Though I did not win a seat on the board, I am still committed to a Better Burke.
My goal is for people to Live, Work, Play and Stay in Burke County.
For me, the STAY is not about tourism but about families staying and thriving in Burke County generation after generation.
To get to the Stay, priorities should be more affordable and market rate housing (that’s the Live), more high-end jobs (that’s the Work) and taking advantage of our natural resources (the Play).
Putting residents first by addressing their needs and wants, we will have the Stay and be a Better Burke.
Don’t worry, I haven’t forgotten about schools! I include that under Work, because when you are in school– that’s your job. Supporting the school system, the community college and company training programs is critical for a Better Burke.
Just remember – Beth for a better Burke and I will be highly effective.
To learn more about me, please feel free to browse through this site. Thanks for visiting.